Today, the role of the Board of Directors, Trustees or Advisors is more challenging than ever.
Sample Client Issues
- The Board’s self-evaluation is more of a required exercise than a performance-enhancing process
- The Board reviews the CEO’s reports; but does not proactively determine areas of oversight
- Board meetings lack focus on mission critical issues and do not allow for engaged and productive debate
- Board membership is stagnant or misaligned with organizational needs
- Clarity of Board roles & responsibilities
- Strong relationships between Board & CEO
- Alignment of board composition with needs of organization
- Clear governance systems
- Dynamic CEO and Board succession planning
- Engaged and productive board discussions
- Best practice and next practice
Regulations have increased in the aftermath of the housing crisis and the dot-com bubble. Lay-offs and expense reductions have forced companies to do more with less. Technology has created huge opportunities and a rapid pace of change; but also brutal competition and information overload. Board composition, governance processes, and clarity of the Board’s role are key to optimizing organizational performance.
Edgewater Advising helps to develop a program of improved effectiveness at the board level. We help build trust-based relationships between Board members to optimize productive debate and decision-making, and between the Board and CEO to improve organizational performance.
Debbie is a seasoned, smart executive who knows how to guide businesses through times of challenge and change. She is strategic, savvy in dealing with government regulators, and bottom-line oriented; always committed to strong relationships with all stakeholders.
Cameron Findlay, Former Executive Vice President & General Counsel; Aon Corporation
Give us a call!
Let us hear from you. Great ideas and opportunities often start with simple conversations. Give us a call to talk about your organization and what you’d like to accomplish. Edgewater Advising tailors its engagements specific to each client; working on either a project or retainer basis.